Water Hazard Marking

The Becker County Sheriff’s Department issues permits for temporary structures, such as swim rafts, swim areas, slalom ski courses, mooring buoys and ski jumps. They also issue permits for water related events both on the open water as well as the ice. The permit form and requirements for temporary structures and events can be accessed online on our downloadable forms page, however they need to be approved and paid for at the Sheriff’s Office before a permit is issued. These permits are required before placing these structures in the water and before holding a lake event.